Skip to content
- I have come to admit that I am powerless over my addiction to racism in ways I am unable to recognize fully, let alone manage.
- I believe that only a power greater than me can restore me in my humanness to the non-racist creature as God designed me to be.
- For my own good and the good of future generations, I have decided
to turn my will and my life over to the care of God insofar as I understand God.
- I’ve made a searching and fearless moral inventory of myself concerning my bias toward others on the basis of race, class, gender, physical attributes, abilities, nationality, sexual orientation, and more.
- I have admitted to God, to myself and to another human being the exact nature of my wrongful thoughts and actions.
- I am entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
- I humbly asked God to remove my shortcomings.
- I’ve made a list of all persons I have harmed and am willing to make amends insofar as this is possible.
- I will make direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them, others, or create more harm than good.
- I will continue taking personal inventory, and when I behave wrongly, I will admit it promptly.
- I will continually seek through prayer and meditation to improve my conscious contact with God insofar as I understand God, praying for knowledge of God’s
Will and Wisdom for my life along with the power I need to carry that out.
- As I have spiritual awakenings as the result of these steps, I will share this message with other race addicts as I seek to practice these principles in all my affairs